How to Set up WordPress with One-click Solution on Alibaba Cloud
Alibaba Cloud provides individuals, entrepreneurs and small start-ups with a one-stop website service. You will find all the tools you want for the creation of web applications with IaaS. The one-stop website provider combines ECS, web application creation images (including WordPress, LAMP and LEMP), domain names and products from Alibaba Cloud DNS.It also offers multiple flexible one-stop services including WordPress website building, and LAMP / LEMP web application development stacks. Leveraging the package of ECS, domain name service and DNS, you can even customize a mail server for your own domain name.
This article introduces how to quickly set up Alibaba Cloud’s WordPress-powered blog website that can be accessed within five to ten minutes via an exclusive domain name and IP address.
The whole process of building the website includes several steps as follows: pick and configure the ECS to operate the WordPress website Pick the ECS server domain name.
Initialize the WordPress website.
Step 1: Select and set up the ECS for running the WordPress website
ECS has three available requirements. 1-core ECS with 1 GB of memory would work just fine for you for a personal blog website. The ECS supports around 100,000 unique access visitors (UV) per month (Note: assuming that the load of visits to the website is distributed evenly over time). When your website wants to accommodate higher traffic, you can pick configurations with 1-core 2GB or 2-core 4GB to empower your website with higher competitiveness.
1. Log on to ECS Console and select Web Hosting Service Package.
2.Choose the place. Choose an area closer to your users based on the geographic distribution of your website’s target users. Alibaba Cloud provides you with ECS data centers around the world. Link to Why-alibaba-cloud for the current list of regions.
If the ECS you have chosen is in mainland China, you need to file your ICP filling website in compliance with Chinese law to make your website accessible to the public via the domain name. You should refer to the ICP record filling FAQs for information on the ICP filing. ICP filling includes individual applicants and applicants for enterprises. It may take some time for the recording process, normally 20 natural days. If you select an ECS instance in Mainland China regions and have not filed your website for an ICP record, the ECS server you purchased in “Web Hosting Service Package” and the domain name you registered won’t be able to provide external services. If you are not eligible for ICP filing, you can select an ECS instance in the Hong Kong region.
3.Pick the screenshot of an application for WordPress. You can pick a picture as you want for the Ubuntu OS or CentOS. If you do not have a device choice, we suggest that you pick WordPress on LAMP Ubuntu 14.04 64bits, as Ubuntu OS is more common in individual developer communities.
4.Next, you’ll see the website service payment plan options. Alibaba Cloud currently supports the purchase of ECS say, domain name, and DNS in a 1-year subscription package.
Step 2: Select and set up the ECS instance for running the WordPress website.
1. Click Next to proceed to the Set Your Domain Name and DNS page after completing the Set Your Web Application Server stage. Test the appropriate domain name status. You may pick a non-registered domain name. Alibaba Cloud currently supports only the most popular.com and.net domain names registration. More forms of domain names will soon be available.
2.Once you have completed the website service registration, the domain name you choose will be parsed automatically to the public IP address of the ECS instance you purchased. You can also adjust the parsing of your A record on the DNS console tab.
3. Click Buy Now to go to the Confirm Order page.
The program must load Alibaba Cloud account information as the registrant information for the domain name by default. Registration of the domain name allows you to provide the registrant with complete and correct information. If the default information is incomplete or incorrect, the system will prompt you to edit it. To go to the owner’s editing tab, press Edit Owner Information. Edit the details and apply the modifications.
4. Select Agree to ECS Service Terms, click Place Order to go to the Confirm Payment page.
5. Click Pay to complete the purchase
6.The ECS instance you have selected will be generated in the background after successful payment. After registering the domain name successfully, it will be automatically linked to the ECS instance’s public IP address.
Step 3: Initialize the WordPress website
- You need to test the ECS status you purchased on the ECS Console after effective payment and before initializing WordPress. Select the region where the ECS is located, and you will see the status of the ECS server you just purchased. When the status is Running, you can further check the public IP address.
2.You can see on the DNS Console the connection configuration that the device sets for the ashokkuikel.com domain name that is just registered. If you can’t see the just-registered domain name linking setup, refresh the page and wait 2-3 minutes. After the ECS instance is up and running, the configuration of the connection is completed.
3. Tap Options for Resolution. You can see that the domain name A records ashokkuikel.com have been set in this example, and the recently purchased ECS server’s public IP address has been linked to it.
4. Having confirmed the ECS server is up and running and the parsing settings are successful, you can further verify the domain name Tap Options for Resolution. You can see that the domain name A records ashokkuikel.com have been set in this example, and the recently purchased ECS server’s public IP address has been linked to it. has been successfully linked to the IP address through the ping command.
5. Input the domain name Tap Options for Resolution. You can see that the domain name A records ashokkuikel.com have been set in this example, and the recently purchased ECS server’s public IP address has been linked to it. in the browser to enter the WordPress settings page. Select the desired language for WordPress.
6. Click Continue to go to the WordPress site and administrator settings, and set the title, site administrator name and password. Remember the user name, password and administrator e-mail address you set, because they will be used for logging in to and setting the website as the WordPress administrator. After completing the settings, click Install WordPress.
7. After the installation is completed, the page will prompt success. Click Log In.
Use the user name and password you just set for the login.
8. After signing in, you will see the management page for WordPress. To control settings like downloading and installing a new theme, or adding a new theme, click the menu in the left sidebar.
Select the Posts menu in the left sidebar, and click Add New button on the posts page. Now you can post a blog or upload a photo and image.
9. Click the Publish button, and your post will be uploaded will be connected to the world on the internet
10. Now all the internet users around the world can see the post you just published at the domain name you registered, www.hellowebhosting.net.
Congratulations! Your WordPress website has launched!